Our commitment to sustainable development
In 2015 the United Nations defined 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as part of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. They are a call for action for a collaborative improvement of the current situation towards a better world for our people and our planet.
We are committed to taking responsibility for our actions and converting our existence into a benefit for the destination we operate in, rather than harming it. We are looking beyond our results to become leaders of change and inspire others towards a more sustainable development.
We assure that all our partners are aware of our standards & practices and comply with them. Furthermore, we are working hard to involve all suppliers in the processes to achieve a long-term development in their own responsible travel practices as well.
As a local tour operator, we see that we can immediately contribute to 8 of the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Our Commitment Points
We believe we can have a real impact and be a role model for others.
We commit to:
- Fair and safe working conditions
- Equal opportunities and no discrimination
- Recognition of human rights
- Development of training material & opportunities
- Measure the environmental impact of our company
- Measure the environmental & socio-cultural impact of our product portfolio
- Conduct initiatives to improve our impact on the environment
- Actively support the regeneration of our biodiversity on the Balearic Islands
- Benefit local providers
- No tolerance for any form of fraud, bribery or corruption
- Prohibit the use of illegal drugs
- Measure the socio-cultural impact of our product portfolio
- Respecting local religions, heritage and rituals
- Observing and respecting local customs & etiquette
- Evaluate sustainability of our preferred partners
- Select suppliers based on pre-defined sustainability criteria
- Share our sustainability strategy with our partners to encourage them to take action
- Support them in improving their sustainability rating
- Health & safety for our guests
- High quality standards
- Honest communication
- Invest in innovative products
- Creating unique moments & exceptional experiences
Important considerations for the selection of our partners are:
- Independent organizations, not only dependent on support from LXP
- Transparency, compliance with legal requirements & accountability
- Comply with our code of conduct and general understanding of sustainability
*The content of this publication has not been approved by the United Nations and does not reflect the views of the United Nations or its officials or Member States.